- Standardization of traditional medicines.
- Extraction, Isolation and Separation of Chemical Constituents from herbal drugs.
- Development of Novel Drug Delivery System for Herbal drugs.
- Development of stable Ayurvedic formulation.
- Preclinical and clinical study of natural drugs
- Food drug interaction
- The search of active components from plants used in Ayurveda to understand validity of centuries old use of Herbal medicines which possess anticancer, anti-inflammatory activity and antidiabetic activity.
Research Projects Completed
- “Pharmacognostical and pharmacological study of kukkutandatvac bhasma and unripe coconut husk mashi with reference to Ayurvedic formulation processing techniques” Savitribai Phule Pune University (Rs.1.5 Lakhs)
- Extraction and isolation of phytoconstituents from Euphorbia ligularia roxb (Family: Euphorbiaceae) and standardization of plant extracts using these phytoconstituents as marker compounds: Savitribai Phule Pune University (Rs. 2.10 Lakh)
- Development of Herbal isotonic sport drink
Industrial Projects Completed
- Detailed project report of extraction of Gallic acid from Myrobalan
- Detailed project report on Honey
- Extraction of curcumin from turmeric
- Extraction of active constituents from flowers
Design Patent: Extrudability Apparatus- Application no:3246662-001 dated 13/12/2019 (Manish S. Wani, Akshay M. Baheti, Anagha M. Wani, Satish A. Polshettiwar)
Akshay M Baheti, Rahul K. Dumber, Pharmacognosy –III, Sem V Third year B. Pharm, Gujarat University, Tex max Publication, Pune, 1st edition 2015.
M. Pharm Thesis Guided
|Sr. No||Name of student||PG Thesis Topic||
|1.||Mr. Shivshankar Padgham||
Simulated dissolution to study fruit juices effect on OTC product containing Paracetamol
|2.||Mr. Soyap Chougule||
Simulated dissolution to study food effect on OTC product containing Paracetamol
|3.||Ms. Kanchan Palkar||
Effect of Beverages on dissolution of OTC product containing Paracetamol
|4.||Mr. Shubham Kandalkar||
Preparation, standardization and evaluation of Homeopathic formulation of cow urine.
|5.||Ms. Apurva Deshmukh||
Formulation and evaluation of herbal tooth gel
|6.||Mr. Sumit Giram||
Development of chewable tablets of Panchkola churna extract and its standardization
|7.||Mr. Avadhoot Bobhate||
Formulation and evaluation of Metoprolol Succinate SR tablet
Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University School of Pharmacy Pune
S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038